Friday 2 November 2012

Illamasqua Obsession At All New High



My complete obsession with Illamasqua has officially peaked (though I can see it only getting worse, make that better, it's an amazing brand) It was once again fueled when I received the other half of my payment from the Naked Strangers Launch Night, which you can see more of here too. 

I had to wait a while because the products I were after were out of stock and then they released their gorgeous new brush range but finally I have everything and I'm so happy. 

I received:

            

Lipstick in Diablo and Disciple

Eye Brow Cake in Motto

Eye Brow Cake in Motto


Pressed Powder in 010


Lip Brush with Cover

Angled Brush

Angled Brush 

I adore everything. Diablo is a beautiful colour, though unfortunately it's now been discontinued. It looks amazing used over Medium Pencil in Spell. Disciple I decided to go for on a whim, I was definitely in touch with my alter ego there. But I'm so glad I did because it looks gorgeous on. It's admittedly not an everyday lipstick but I couldn't have created this image without it.


I'm in love with the eyebrow cakes, the colours are so long lasting and there's a good variety. I used to use Gaze but moved on to Motto which is a little less dark on me. I have also recently ordered Peek to try that out now I've lightened my hair up, but more on the most recent haul later....

The powder is absolutely gorgeous, sets my normal makeup perfectly without feeling heavy in any way. Quick sweep of the brush and I'm done, it's going to last me forever. It also worked perfectly for setting my halloween makeup (excuse the fuzziness - this also features both Diablo and Motto)


The brushes are fantastic, the balance between the flexibility and stiffness of the bristles is perfect making them a dream to work with. My eyebrows just glide straight on with minimal effort thanks to the angled liner brush. (I'm yet to try it as an eyeliner brush as I have a favourite that's quite a bit smaller but I will give it a try with my new eye liner cake, but again later for that....) The lip brush is the perfect shape, not too long but still rounded for easy definition.

Illamasqua has just celebrated it's 4th Birthday on the 1st of November and I wish them many more happy years. They're such a fantastic company, filled with brilliantly creative people and their products are amazing. 


More on the most recent purchases to follow, look out for Part 2.... ;)

M x

All images from Illamasqua and here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;